Full sale ahead in today’s episode. We’re drinking Full Sail’s Amber Ale today. It claims it’s ridiculously tasty right on the bottle. Is it? Then we dive into keeping your website secure from hackers and malware. It’s one of those things that it’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when!
Time Stamped Show Notes
- 0:00 – Review Full Sail’s Amber Ale
- 5:18 – Jumping into the topic today.
- 5:38 – Equifax hack
- 7:45 – Viruses on computers, your website is on a computer
- 9:04 – Analogy to understand website malware
- 11:28 – SSL
- 15:42 – Malware – Types of hacks
- 18:22 – Storytime. Real examples of a site that was hacked.
- 21:40 – Hidden hacks that you’ll never know about
- 23:35 – WordPress is open source. It’s a good and bad thing for you.
- 24:50 – Malware protection, 3rd party services, and free WordPress plugins.
- 28:56 – Question of the day!
The question of the episode!
Has your site ever been hacked and what did you do to fix it?