[smart_track_player url=”https://craftthinking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ep8-choosing-the-perfect-domain.mp3″ image=”https://craftthinking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/pexels-photo-586958.jpeg” social_linkedin=”true” social_email=”true” twitter_username=”craftthinking” ]
Time Stamped Show Notes
- 0:00 – Review Belching Beavers Me So Honey
- 4:57 – We jump into the topic Choosing The Perfect Domain Name, Judging, and Branding.
- 7:24 – The first thing people think when they see your domain name.
- 8:55 – Basics of getting the perfect domain name – Radio Test
- 10:15 – Keep it short. You also don’t need your city in your domain to rank on Google.
- 13:00 – NO HYPHENS
- 14:13 – .com is king. gTLDs are nice but .com will still reign for a long time.
- 17:49 – A domain’s goal is to get people to your website. Sometimes, a tough spelling will cost you.
- 19:34 – Misspellings aren’t Kool.
- 20:37 – Make sure you check trademarks and social media sites for the name.
- 23:10 – Leave room to expand with your domain
- 24:02 – The Domain Aftermarket
The question of the episode!
We forgot! But if you’re finding it here, tell us what your domain name is!
Leandomainsearch.com – Helps you generate available domains to purchase based off on keywords you enter. Free to use!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Reach out to us on Instagram
To help out the show: